Competitive Intelligence Expert – Certified Training
Contact: +4 0721 764 305; +40 213 146 556 ♦ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Description: Competitive Intelligence Expert is the Romanian only course accredited by the National Qualifications Authority (NQA), which recognizes the professional quality of a person to occupy the position of CI expert in a company. The certificate is issued by ICSS (Integrated Corporate Security Services) who provides Intelligence Services for Business.
The course consists of lectures and a package of individual and group exercises designed to introduce the participant to the Competitive Intelligence (CI) domain, to develop his competences and basic skills in the profession of CI expert (identifying intelligence needs, collecting information from human sources, open sources etc., professional analysis and preparation of intelligence products, intelligence dissemination to beneficiaries, protecting the company from competitors’ attempts to collect intelligence about own organization) and to offer a perspective on his professional development as a key element in a modern organization/company, adapted to the 21st century.
Objectives – Graduates of the course will:
- understand the potential of Competitive Intelligence for the development, security and business continuity of an organization;
- be able to identify and apply one working model of CI activity;
- help identify the real intelligence needs of the organization in relation to the leader’s vision, business strategy, objectives and actions in the business environment;
- be able to use a set of basic methods of collection, both from open and human sources;
- be able to use a set of basic data and information processing methods and skills (evaluation, storage, analysis, synthesis, intelligence writing);
- be able to distribute intelligence products in an adequate manner to internal beneficiaries (top/senior/middle management);
- know the ethical and legal framework of CI.
Competitive Intelligence Agenda:
- introduction in CI field;
- functional models of the intelligence process (Intelligence Cycle, Target Centric Approach);
- identifying the intelligence needs of the organization;
- human sources exploitation;
- open sources exploitation;
- assessment and primary processing of data and information;
- intelligence analysis (core set of methods);
- preparation of intelligence products;
- CI relation with the beneficiaries (management);
- basic protection of the organization against intelligence offensives from business competitors (Competitive Counter-Intelligence);
- ethical and legal aspects of CI;
- establishing a CI function in the organization.
Audience: The course is a must as a first professional step for the individuals who intend to work in CI. The number of participants is between 8 and 12.
Duration: 40 hours (5 days)
CONTACT: Amira Radulescu ♦ Phone: +4 0721 764 305; +40 213 146 556 ♦ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Aleksandr Sergheevici Puskin 10, 4th Floor, District 1, Bucharest
Sergiu Medar has extensive experience in Business Intelligence and Competitive Intelligence gained during his entire career: diplomat, National Security Adviser for the Presidential Administration, Chief of the National Intelligence Community and a member of the Supreme Council of National Defence; Director of Military and Counterintelligence. He had diplomatic missions in the US, Canada, Brazil and Argentina. He teaches diplomacy, Intelligence and counterterrorism at the National Intelligence Academy (ANI) and he is also associate professor at Babes Bolay University from Cluj where he teaches Defence Diplomacy, Business Intelligence/Competitive Intelligence, National Defence College – Defence Diplomacy, Security Studies as an Associate Professor and at the „Lucian Blaga” University , Sibiu. He was Visiting Professor for: National Defence University, USA; NATO Studies Center, Bucharest; Marshall Center, Garmisch Partenkirchen; National Defence Intelligence College, USA.
Sergiu Medar worked as a consultant in Business Competitive Intelligence for national and multinational companies from 4 continents. His area of expertise includes: Business Intelligence and Competitive Intelligence, Negotiation, Crisis Management, Business Protocol. He is also consultant for „Lockheed Martin” (USA) in risk evaluation, security projects and studies, training on security, corporate security management, Business Intelligence.
Adriean Pârlog has over 25 years of experience in Intelligence and Business Intelligence. He is currently the president of ICSS and associate professor at the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu and Babes Bolyai University in Cluj Napoca. He is a member of SCIP (Strategic Competitive Intelligence Professionals) since 2012. Mr. Parlog has relevant experience in business, as a manager, but also a consultant for national and multinational companies from Romanian, USA, Great Britain and for companies from Middle East and Central Asia.
He graduated in Cybernetics and Statistics and has a postgraduate specialisation in modelling and simulation of social – economic phenomena – ASE Bucharest. He holds a Ph.D. obtained from the Academy of Advanced Military Studies (where he completed a postgraduate course in Intelligence) and held the position of Head of military intelligence analysis. He was part of the group who developed the Entrepreneurship Laboratory from Lucian Blaga University in Sibiu, a project financed with EU funds. His area of expertise includes: Intelligence & Business Intelligence, information theory, modelling and simulation of economic and social processes.
Ionut Corduneanu is an entrepreneur and consultant in Business Competitive Intelligence since 2011, after a ten years career in government Intelligence. He is a member of the Strategic & Competitive Intelligence Professionals (scip.org), following doctoral studies in Business Competitive Intelligence and he is a certified trainer, currently delivering courses in Business Intelligence.
In his company’s customer portfolio (ICSS) there are Romanian companies and multinational brands that have benefited from Intelligence in order to develop business operations in Romania, the Balkans, Middle East, Central Asia and Africa.