Competitive Intelligence Training for Senior & Top Management
Competitive Intelligence (CI) = a systematic and ethical program for gathering, analyzing, and managing any combination of Data, Information, and Knowledge concerning the Business environment in which a company operates that, when acted upon, will confer a significant Competitive advantage or enable sound decisions to be made. Its primary role is Strategic early warning. Although narrower in scope, it is commonly employed as a synonym for Business Intelligence. Why would you need a Competitive Intelligence Training?
Competitive Intelligence for Senior & Top Management* was designed based on the premise that every business decision should be based on a set of information subject to a cognitive process. The average value of decisions taken by a manager depends directly on the quality of information to which he has access and his processing capability. The course provides a focused perspective on the role of CI and the professional models that can be applied. In the business environment of the 21st century, ignorance or misunderstanding of CI field is a real obstacle in achieving superior performance. Through interactive lectures and practical exercises participants will experience the intelligence field applied on the business environment.
* Note: There are two main types of managers: (a) those which, intuitively, assume the effort to base their decisions through the management of their own network of sources, checking and processing information, without specialized training and as a secondary function of the manager’s main attributions; (b) those who delegated the CI function to a person or a specialized compartment, while retaining control over it (in the same way that control the other functions in the organization).
The participants will:
- understand the potential of CI for the development, security and business continuity of an organization;
- be able to identify two working models of CI activity;
- apply on a personal level one of the functional models of CI;
- understand and help identify the real information needs of the organization in relation to their vision, business strategy, objectives and actions in the business environment;
- understand the process of implementing a CI function within their company;
- understand the optimal relationship between the leader / manager and CI specialists;
- know the ethical and legal framework of CI.
- the relation between their own organization and the elements of supra-system (external environment) and subsystem (internal environment);
- introductory issues regarding CI (Competitive Intelligence);
- functional models of the process of intelligence (Intelligence Cycle, Target Centric Approach);
- identifying information needs of the organization;
- models for the implementation of a CI function in the organization;
- cost / benefits analysis of the implementation of a CI function;
- CI products;
- the relationship between the beneficiary and the CI practitioner;
- notions of protection and control of the organization against offensives in the information environment from business competitors (Competitive Counter-Intelligence);
- ethical and legal aspects of CI.
Audience: This course is designed for senior and top management level only. The number of participants is between 8 and 12.
Duration: 16 hours (2 days)
CONTACT: Amira Radulescu ♦ Phone: +4 0721 764 305; +40 213 146 556 ♦ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Aleksandr Sergheevici Puskin 10, 4th Floor, District 1, Bucharest